TOTAL WASTE DISPOSAL PTY LTD TRADING AS DIAL-A-BIN
SKIP BIN SERVICES
The Contractor/driver shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever caused to the Customer or to the property and/or goods of the Customer whether such loss or damage was caused by acts, defaults or negligence on the part of the Contractor or otherwise. All goods are handled, lifted and/or earned entirely or Owner’s risk.
The Hirer is responsible for marking out the work and the equipment is hired only on the following conditions.
- Dial-A-Bin is not responsible for damages to property, foundations, cables, etc. caused when working within the Hirers instructions;
- Dial-A-Bin is not responsible for any expenses whatsoever incurred through breakdown or other delays;
- Requests for credit will not be considered unless a commercial application is completed and approved prior to hire;
- Interest will be charged on overdue accounts.
THE WASTE USER
The Hirer releases Dial-A-Bin and its employees from liability for all loss or damage whatsoever arising (including loss or damage from death, bodily injury or damage to property) in respect of or resulting from Customer’s use of our service or any negligent acts or omissions of Dial-A-Bin, its employees or subcontractors in the operation of Dial-A-Bin.
The Hirer is responsible for knowing and providing details regarding the source location of waste material being bought into the bins and collected for disposal.
- Dial-A-Bin need not commence work until the Agreement has been accepted by the Hirer and agreed on a COD payment term;
- Acceptance by the Hirer of these Terms and Conditions is Agreement will constitute acceptance by the Hirer of these Terms and Conditions;
- Asbestos found in a Dial-A-Bin’s skip bin concealed by the hirer will result in the bin being returned to property and hirer will have to take out all asbestos by hand; If the asbestos is throughout the bin contents it will be emptied onsite for sorting before it can be disposed of. Please note there is NO waste disposal area that will allow this type of mixed bin with asbestos to be accepted. There may also be additional costs for the additional transport on top of the original bin price;
- Concealment of Hazardous waste in Skip Bins is illegal and penalties do apply by law.
Time for Payment – The Hirer will receive a request for payment at the time a booking is made. Dial-A-Bin’s terms are COD from delivery date of the bins and must pay Dial-A-Bin the total amount set out at the time Dial-A-Bin agrees to the booking.
- In the event of non-payment, bankruptcy or insolvency all waste is deemed to belong to the Hirer until payment is made and Dial-A-Bin reserves the right to unload their bins at the Hirer’s site prior to removal and remove their bins from the Hirer’s site.
Dial-A-Bin will provide a refund of fess paid if:
- Failure of Dial-a-Bin to deliver your skip;
- A service charge would apply if the skip as already been dispatched or delivered. Service charge includes all charges incurred prior to disposal of the waste at the Landfill or Waste Transfer Disposal. To avoid service charges please notify us as soon as possible if you intend to cancel your skip by calling 9356 2771;
- Refunds can only be made to the credit card details supplied at time of booking. A refund will be processed within 2 business days less a $12.00 booking fee.
Dial-A-Bin is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders, provide you with invoices (if applicable) and to personalise your shopping experience with us.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself.
When purchasing from Dial-A-Bin your financial details are passed through a secure banking server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
Queries/disputes relating to invoices and/or statements received by the Account Holder should be reported to the Dial-A-Bin office with seven (7) days of receipt of said invoice and/or statement.
The Hirer shall contact Dial-A-Bin, within twenty four (24) hours of delivery to site, should the bins not match the specifications confirmed on the order.
RETENTION OF TITLE
Dial-A-Bin bins remain the property of Dial-A-Bin at all times.
The Hirer shall indemnify Dial-A-Bin from any loss or damage to Dial-A-Bin bins while in the Hirer’s care.
The Hirer shall not remove, deface or cover up identifying marks, nor shall the Hirer cause to remove the bins from their initial location without prior approval from Dial-A-Bin.
Over filled bins may require sorting and/or unloading to ensure they comply with transport requirements. Any action will be at the sole discretion of the Dial-A-Bin driver and may incur a fee.
Dial-A-Bin reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee for excessive amounts of paint, plaster, grano and other such products disfiguring the exterior of the bins.
In the event of a non-approved use and/or relocation of the bins by the Hirer, Dial-A-Bin reserves the right at all times to access the site to remove or recover the bins and charge the Hirer for:
- Any damage to Dial-A-Bin bins;
- Any expense incurred in recovering and/or removing the bins;
- An additional charge may be incurred when clear and/or safe access is not available to the Dial-A-Bin driver when delivering or removing bins, resulting in the Dial-A-Bin’s driver needing to wait until the access problem is rectified or having to return to site at a later time.